Date: Feb, 2017
Location: New York, NY
Position/Title: Staff Accountant
Department: Finance and Accounting
Staff Accountant at Cinedigm Corporation involved in the monthly accounting close, researching and analyzing accounts and various reporting. Must be organized, self-starter, with general accounting education and experience, a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, and a willingness to do what is needed to help achieve company and departmental goals. The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare and enter journal entries (monthly recurring journal entries, revenue and expenses accruals (Universal, digital transactions, third party, etc.)
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies.
- Compiling different sources of data to calculate and record revenue.
- Process expenses related to licensors.
- Prepare weekly/monthly cash files for senior management.
- Perform account analysis and complex account reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies.
- Identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with US GAAP.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly bank reporting package.
- Support variance analysis and other ad-hoc financial reports as needed.
- Assist with Quarterly and Annual External and SOX audits.
- Interact with accounting management regarding corporate financial matters.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested by finance team.
- Other duties.
- Minimum 2-5 years of progressive general accounting experience.
- Public accounting a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in AccountingFinance.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of US GAAP.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with intermediate level experience using the other applications with the MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Great Plains or a similar ERP application.
Specific Knowledge Abilities and Skills
- Requires strong attention to detail, follow up and follow through skills.
- Strong communication skills with supervisors and any other department/individuals it interfaces with.
- Ability to anticipate problems, identify, resolve any issues and communicates those to supervisor(s)
- Must be able to multi-task; be well-organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- The ability to plan and work and organize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide proper documentation to pass SOX and external audit on all journal entries.
- Ideal employee will be pro-active and have the eagerness to continually improve skillset needed to succeed in this role.
- Must be punctual and be available to work overtime (on as needed basis).
- Raise questions when needed and copy manager(s) on correspondences
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com