Date: Nov, 2017
Location: New York, NY
Position/Title: Staff Accountant of Digital Cinema Services
Department: Digital Cinema
The Staff Accountant for Digital Cinema Services will support the VP of Finance and Manager of Finance in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting department. This position will require exhibitor contact requesting contractual documents needed to determine deployment costs. Perform all accounting, financial reporting or administrative tasks related to Digital Cinema.
Cinedigm powers custom content solutions to the world’s largest retail, media & technology companies. Leveraging Cinedigm’s capabilities, the Company has emerged as a leader in the fast-growing over-the-top channel business, while providing content & service expertise to the OTT ecosystem.
- Contact exhibitor buyers and request documents supporting their digital systems financing.
- Enter journal entries into the general ledger to record revenue and costs.
- Month-End Close entries for Digital Cinema.
- Prepare and Update the cost recoupment reporting schedule for all exhibitor buyers.
- Cash application and follow-up for distributor details.
- Reconcile month-end entries and balances in general ledger.
- Track and invoice exhibitor offline systems, alternative content bookings and advertising fees.
- Update all deployment reporting to reflect DC Operations adjustments.
- Assist with various monthly/quarterly lender reporting.
- Ad-Hoc projects associated with Digital Cinema Team.
- Maintain CF insurance documents and update equipment schedules.
Specific Knowledge Abilities and Skills
- Ideal Candidate will have 2-4 Years of Experience:
- Preferred candidate will have held a staff accountant position in the accounting and finance department of a major media, entertainment or technology services company.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and deal effectively with exhibitors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Excel (V-lookups).
- Great Plains GL and Management Reporter experience a Plus.
- Strong Organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping.
- Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org