Date: Jul, 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Position/Title: Director of Accounting
Department: Finance and Accounting
Cinedigm is the leading independent entertainment distributor in the US with approximately 50,000 titles in its library. We distribute feature films, TV programs and web originals via digital download, streaming, video-on-demand, Blu-ray, DVD, theatrical release and through its proprietary OTT channels.
Cinedigm is seeking a Director of Accounting to join the Accounting team to review existing processes, and help scale the organization while maintaining and enhancing day to day accounting functions according to best standard practices for the industry. The ideal candidate is an experienced accounting professional with heavy entertainment industry experience and has an eye for detail and accuracy. The prospective Director of Accounting must bring best practices to strengthen the entertainment accounting team and positively impact the company’s culture.
It is critical that this individual has extensive experience in all aspects of film and TV accounting.
The position requires some travel to New York.
- Oversee the entertainment division’s accounting and reporting systems to ensure full compliance with GAAP, and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for all industry centric accounting reconciliations and reports.
- Review inventory E&O.
- Propose and analyze film asset impairments.
- Prepare advance/recoupment analysis.
- Responsible for theatrical reconciliations and accruals.
- Evaluate full migration to film ultimate accounting.
- Primarily responsible for technical entertainment accounting interactions with auditors.
- Support the quarterly audit reviews and annual audit and SEC reporting with outside auditors.
- Manage the monthly entertainment division closing process.
- Oversee Royalty and Participation reporting and statements.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards in a SOX compliant company.
- Responsible for sales tax returns.
- Interact effectively with accounting staff to highlight issues and proactively find solutions.
- Generate GAAP-compliant monthly and annual financial reporting.
- Primary liaison with the entertainment divisions FP&A team in Los Angeles.
- Perform other projects as directed by Controller and CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Strong preference for a Big 4 or national accounting firm audit experience.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with SEC reporting processes, including SEC documents and support for review by internal and external parties is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Experienced accountant with an establish record of success in progressively more responsible supervisory/managerial position.
- Minimum 7 years public accounting and/or private industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and film accounting.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com